- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 big carrot, peeled, in slices
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 courgette, in quarter slices
- 150 gr quorn pieces
- 200 ml veggie broth (instant is fine)
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch thyme
- tiny sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 round tsp Marmite
- 1 1/2 tsp sambal oelek (or to taste)
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- 125 gr (dry weight) bulgur
- Heat oil in a pot. Add onion and cook until it barely starts to turn transparent around the edges. Add the carrot and cook for a minute. Add the bell pepper and cook for another minute. Add the courgette and cook an additional minute before adding the quorn and let cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broth, sage, thyme, cinnamon, ginger, Marmite, sambal oelek, agave, salt & pepper. Stir to combine well, bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Make a slurry with the cornstarch and water, add it to the pot and bring again to a simmer to thicken.
- Meanwhile bring a small pot (about 4-5 times the bulgur’s volume) of veggie broth to the boil. Add the bulgur, cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes (or according to packaging instructions). Drain and keep warm.
- Serve the stew with the bulgur.
Makes 2 servings
Protein: 25 gr
Fat: 7 gr
Carbs: 73 gr