We have upgraded our freezer, and since it now is more than twice the size of the older, we thought it’d be a good idea to try and keep it organized. At first we thought we could buy adhesive blackboard and stick it on the front, but then we found out that there is such thing as electrostatic blackboard film! That won’t damage the surface like glue might do, so we went for that option. Then you just need a chalkboard marker or two, and this is the result:
What you need:
- one shiny new (or old) freezer (or fridge) that you want to get organized,
- one roll electrostatic film (ours is black Legamaster Blackboard, comes in a roll of 25 sheets 60cm wide by 80cm tall)
- scissors to cut the film to fit your freezer
- chalkboard markers (either dry erase or not)
What you do:
- Measure the surface you want to cover, and cut as much electrostatic film as needed.
- Place the film on the freezer door. Use a dry cloth to smooth it. Easy to move around and you can reattach it as needed.
- Write the contents of your freezer for the world to see. Ours are organized by drawers. It’s handy to write the date of the leftovers so you know when you put them in there.
- And you’re done!