I designed and knit some baby booties for a friend’s new spawn. The result is the following:
- Pattern: my own, soon to be published for free on this blog, stay tuned!
- Yarn: Katia Caricia, 100% superwash merino, 50 gram / 175 m (191 yd) in color #3 (also known as off-white). I only used around 28 grams / 1 oz of yarn for the pair, including ties.
- Gauge: 34 st and 48 rows to 10 cm in stockinette.
- Needles: 2.5 mm dpns (or US1.5)
- Size: around 10 cm long and 4.5 wide.
Questions? Bug me! (But not much). I’ll be working on rewriting my pattern notes into something understandable.
Four thousand spam comments, that is, in less than two months. I wish I got that many comments, not being spam! Want proof: I took this screeny of the little blue banner on the right hand, today at 14:16 (my time).
No, I’m not cursing in the title of the post :-p Spanakopita is a Greek spinach and cheese pie. Traditionally, the cheese would be feta (damn, what other cheese do you expect to find in Greek dishes!), but I had no feta, and wasn’t planning on going out just to buy it. So I did with what was in the pantry and fridge. You know me, following recipes is hard! The result is in the next two pics:
Want the recipe I ended using (that is, my version)? Spanakopita recipe.
It seems like I only cook as of late, doesn’t it? Well, it’s not true! I’ve knitted some, slowly, and I’ve been working webdesigning as well. I finished a shrug (pics and specs up some other day) and am finishing the baby booties for friend’s spawn (pics up later as well). I also wound into balls two skeins of KnitPicks Gossamer in Rose Garden, that will become a (hopefully) light Clapotis.
On other news, Jan’s coming next thursday! Expect to see me not for a few days (-;