These muffins are based on the previous recipe, Pumpkin muffins, but aren’t gluten free.
Inspired by a jar of apple sauce that needed using up, and having a day of board games planned, baking muffins to feed our friends (other than crisps, fried stuff & sandwiches) sounded like a good idea.
The muffins are ready in 45 minutes. Total. Of those, 30 minutes are baking time, so you can do your cleanup meanwhile. Quick bakes are also a bonus point in my book!
- 350 grams applesauce
- 80 ml mild (olive) oil
- 2 eggs
- 175 grams cane sugar
- 200 grams flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp speculaas spice mix
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line 12 muffin tin with paper or silicon liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a blender, mix applesauce, olive oil, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add eggs and pulse until mixed.
- Add applesauce mix to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide dough between the 12 cavities.
- Bake at 175°C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin enough to handle, remove muffins from tin and let cool on rack.