So, first of January and all that. You say “Happy New Year!” (Happy New Year!), you kiss and hug, you smile, and then you make an unreasonable list of new years resolutions like going to the gym five times a week, eating seven servings of fruit & veggies and clean the house from top to bottom every month.
I am not going to make resolutions. Because we all know that most resolutions are not kept anyway. But I do want to put here things I’d like to do this year. In no order of importance, small or big, doesn’t matter. I’m not even going to call them goals, like other bloggers are doing this year. Because having a goal (or a resolution) will most likely set me up for failure. So this is just a list of things I want do do!
Here we go:
- Getting my bachelor’s! Yes, halleluja. Moving to Belgium and finishing my studies here was the smartest move ever I think. Right now I am one exam period and one semester (with its own exam period) away from this. I still can’t believe it!
- Sewing more, and drafting some more patterns. I want to try a t-shirt and some trousers.
- Knit more. I am enjoying knitting my first cardigan, so I might jump in and make a second.
- Crochet more. I’m still taking toddler (not any more baby, I’d say) steps in crocheting. I prefer knitting, but there are some things that are more suited to being crocheted.
- Keep reading. Brain candy! Something to let my brain rest after studying in Dutch.
- Cooking. I want to try new recipes, adapt some Belgian classics so they’re vegetarian.
- Blog more. I wrote a whopping 5 posts last year :(
- Getting acquainted with our Nikon D7000. Maybe even read the manual gasp
- Be happy!
And there is probably more to it. But that covers the basics. Enjoy the year, and don’t be hard on yourself. Who’s going to love you if you don’t?