Yes, another veggie recipe!
Today the weather is crummy. Grey, dark, gloomy, hail-snow-melting snow-rain kind of day. So I decided on a soup for dinner.
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped (~ 100 gr)
- 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 small carrots, peeled & sliced (~ 100 gr)
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled & cubed (~ 500 gr)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed (~ 350 gr)
- veggie broth (I use instant)
- salt & pepper
- 1 block tofu (~ 250 gr)
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp spicy smoked paprika
- In a soup pot, heat up oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden. Then add carrots and cook for a couple minutes. Add kohlrabi and cook a couple more minutes. Add sweet potatoes and toss together.
- Cover veggies with broth, bring to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes. Taste, adjust seasoning with salt & pepper. Add cayenne and paprika.
- Meanwhile, cube the tofu and dry fry until golden.
- Add tofu to soup just before serving.
Servings: 2 servings as a main, 4 as a starter.
Nutritional info: (all values are approximate!)
Protein: 26 gr
Fat: 12 gr
Carbs: 65 gr