- Musli with milk (surprise!)
- Orange juice
- Chervil soup (I’d never thought you could make soup out of something akin to parsley – live and learn, they love it in Belgium!)
- The usual three half sandwiches (spread cheese, sliced cheese, veggie salami – Delhaize brand)
- Rice with spinach, raisins & pine nuts
- Quorn cordon bleu
- Fresh cheese
Rice with spinach, raisins & pine nuts
- 125 gr whole grain rice
- 400 ml water
- 300 gr frozen spinach, thawed in the microwave, liquid removed but not squeezed dry
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts
- In the bowl of a rice cooker (or a stove top pot) put all ingredients except pine nuts. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Before serving, heat a pan until very hot and dry roast the pine nuts for a minute or two, shaking often, being careful that they don’t burn.
- Mix pine nuts into rice, serve warm
Makes two side servings.