Still at it!
- Musli with milk
- Orange juice
- Open faced sammiches on day 4
- Tomato based curry, with random veggies & quorn, and tandoori spices, on day 5 (bonus recipe)
- Salad: pasta, sun dried tomatoes, lettuce mix, apples, cherry tomatoes, walnut pieces and goat cheese, honey dressing (day 4)
- Open faced sammiches (day 5)
- Coffee, tea
- Chips (crisps)
Tomato tandoori curry
- 500 gr assorted sauteed veggies (I cook a big pot and portion it. It contains a mix of: garlic, onion, carrot, bell pepper, aubergine & courgette).
- 300 gr quorn pieces (it could also be made with lentils or beans)
- 2 heaping tsp tandoori spice mix (or to taste)
- 70 gr tomato puree (one small tin)
- 500 gr tomato pieces (from a tin)
- 1 dl water
- 165 ml coconut milk (one small tin)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 240 gr basmati rice
- 600 ml water
- 1 flat tsp salt
- In a 3l pot, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil. Once it’s hot, add the quorn pieces and cook until slightly brown. Then add the vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tandoori spices and stir through. Cook for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Add the tomato paste and stir through. Cook it for a couple of minutes before adding the tomato pieces & 1 dl water. Bring to a boil. Add the coconut milk, stir and lower heat so that the curry simmers. Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- While the curry simmers, cook the rice. Put 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, rice and 600 ml water in a 2l pot. Bring to a boil, lower heat so it just simmers, and let simmer, covered, until all water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- Serve curry over rice.
Makes four servings. Curry freezes well on it’s own (no rice).
Extra bonus recipe:
Roasted root vegetable soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, whole
- 2 turnips, peeled, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, clean, chopped (remove the inner white nerves)
- 1 medium potato, peeled, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1,5-2 l vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400F.
- In an oven proof dish, mix all the vegetables with the olive oil, some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 45 mins, stirring half way through.
- Once veggies are roasted, transfer to a big enough pot. Add 1,5l broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Blend soup until smooth (you might need to add more broth). Add lemon juice and adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot!
Makes 6-8 servings.