FO: Natalya Mittens

Here it is! almost two weeks after I finished my mittens, I present them to you. This was my first ever cabling project, and I did use a cable needle (I still didn’t try cabling without a cabling needle as showed by Groumperina, but I will, some time!). I did enjoy the pattern, but of course I couldn’t help but modifying it a bit. Specs:

Natalya Mittens
Natalya mittens

Close up

  • Pattern: Natalya Mittens (pdf) by Savannahchik.
  • Yarn: Pure New Wool, DK weight. 1.5 50 grams skeins, in Incan Forest shade.
  • Gauge: 17 stitches per 10 cm. in stockinette.
  • Needles: 4.5 mm. double point needles, set of five (used the fifth as cable needle).
  • Finished Measures: adult’s (one size fits different hands, since the cables are stretchy).

How I modified this pattern: First of all, I didn’t have gauge(!): I had less stitches per 10 cm, which made the mittens slightly bigger, but good for my big hands. Then, I knit the arm part shorter, just about 10 cm, instead of the more than 16 cm the pattern directs. After making the thumb gusset, the pattern directs to finish with a 4th row of the pattern repeat (that is, the row where you cross the cables), I knitted one row more, so the cable crossing showed a bit better. And then, on the upper ribbing, I knit two more rows than specified, so it’d cover more of my fingers.

I think that’s about it! They’re very warm, and comfy. I love ’em.

Sade

Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to FO: Natalya Mittens

  1. Mum2 says:

    looks a bit witchy – you need nail polish in the same colour :-)

  2. Laura says:

    They’re beautiful and look really cozy!

Leave a Reply to Laura Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.