- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small carrots, peeled & chopped
- 100 gr courgette, in 1 cm cubes
- 150 gr minced quorn (or other tvp)
- 1 small tin (70 gr) tomato concentrate
- 2 red bell peppers
- cooked wheat, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an oven proof dish.
- Cut the tops off the peppers, remove the seeds & white thin walls from the insides and reserve the peppers. Chop what was the tops and reserve.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add shallot & garlic and cook until golden. Add chopped pepper tops and cook for a couple of minutes, then add carrot and cook another couple of minutes, add courgette and cook another couple of minutes. Add quorn and stir through. Add the tomato paste and about 6 tbsp of water to dissolve the paste. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the peppers with the stuffing and put them in the prepared dish. Spoon whatever didn’t fit in the peppers into the dish as well. Bake for 30 minutes until peppers are cooked through.
- Serve warm with cooked wheat (or any other carb).
Makes 2 servings.