- Orange juice
- Musli with milk
- Lentils with carrots & tomato, brown rice
- Speculoos & tea
Lentils with carrots & tomatoes
- 250 gr green lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 big carrots, chopped
- 1 (500 gr) tetrapack tomato pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 laurel leaf
- Put lentils in a pot, cover with about 3 times their volume of water, add 1 tsp salt and laurel leaf. Bring to a boil, lower to simmering and let cook for 25-30 mins or until lentils are tender. Lentils will have absorbed most of the liquid.
- In a pan, heat about 1 tbsp of oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden, then add carrots and cook for about 5 minutes more, until carrot starts to turn golden.
- Add carrot onion mixture to the lentils. Add tomato pieces and a bit of water if needed. Add paprika powder and stir through. Bring to a very slow simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring from time to time to avoid it sticking to the bottom.
- Serve hot with brown rice.
Servings: 4 portions. (yay for leftovers!)