- Orange juice
- Musli with milk / oatmeal with craisins
- Sammiches (day 17)
- Salad with mustard dressing (1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp olive oil) (day 18)
- Chilli sin carne, whole wheat (day 19)
- Pizza, half 4 cheese, half mozzarella and pesto (day 17)
- Veggie gyros pita (day 18)
- Sammiches & No cream of broccoli soup (day 19)
- Coffee & tea
No cream of broccoli soup
- 1 broccoli bunch (500 gr) plus the stalk of another (that was in the freezer from last week)
- 1 leek
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 70 gr raw cashew nuts
- 1 l water (more might be needed)
- salt & pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for an hour to soften up (this will make it easier to blend later on). The cashew nuts provide creaminess to the soup.
- Rinse the leek, and chop. Mince the garlic. Heat up olive oil in a 3-4 l pot. Add the leek & garlic, and cook until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli in pieces. For the stalks, remove the outer layer (approx 5mm) that is a bit harder and leave only the heart, then cut in pieces.
- Add broccoli to the pot, cover with approx 1l water (it doesn’t need to be completely covered) and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain the cashew nuts and add to the broccoli. Mix with immersion blender until creamy. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne & lemon juice to taste.
- Serve piping hot.