I’m not a morning person. Or well, not early morning. I have to get up at 6.40 am every day for class, which I know it’s late for some of you, but it is early for me. My body likes to get up at 9am. And then I navigate the metro (subway, tube, underground) for 45 minutes to get to class. And here it’s what I hate:
- People that don’t shower. Stinking of sweat at 7.30 am, in a closed space with no ventilation such as a metro is very very inconsiderate
- People that stink of smoke and smoke in front of me. I’m a non-smoker, don’t blow your crap towards me, the city pollution is enough, thank-you-very-much
- Smelling the parfume of a person that’s walking 10m in front of me. Parfume is for short distances. And by short I mean 20cm.
- Speaking of parfumes, there are summer parfumes, winter parfumes, and night parfumes. In order of strenght and warmth. And when you wear a parfume always, you get used to it and don’t smell it any more. Don’t use more, dammit, it’s still the same strength for the rest of the world.
- Your music. I don’t care what kind of music it is. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t care you’re getting deaf with your music so loud, that’s the least of my problems. I am not interested in your damn music, period.
- You and your chatty friends. Fine if you’re a morning person, I don’t need to hear your conversation from the other side of the train.
And that’s a short list that comes to mind. I’m tired of getting sick to my stomach thanks to the lovely inhabitants of the city.