- 3/4 to 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/5 cup pre-cooked couscous
- 1/5 cup broth (or water)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 inch piece green italian pepper
- 1 small carrot
- 3 red cherry tomatoes
- 3 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Sherry vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and (freshly) ground pepper
- Prepare your vegetables: peel the carrot and chop in 1/4 coins, clean the pepper and cut in small pieces, chop the onion thinly. Cut the cherry tomatoes in 8-12 pieces (depending on size). Put all these ingredients in your serving dish, add vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, mix well and let marinate.
- Prepare couscous: heat broth in microwave till nearly boiling, add couscous and mix with a fork, let rest until all liquid has been absorbed and it’s fairly dry. Fluff grains with fork, then add to the marinated vegetables.
- Add chickpeas to dish, mix well, and enjoy!
Servings: 1 as full meal, 2 as starter.
Notes: I used dry chickpeas that I boiled, ’cause I don’t really like the canned ones (and the weird things they add to them). Take 250 grams (about 2/3 cup) dry chickpeas and soak overnight in at least twice as much water. In the morning drain the water, rinse with fresh water, and drain again. Put chickpeas in deep pot, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 small bay leaf and 8-10 fennel seeds, add water until it doubles chickpeas’ volume. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for around 2 hours, until chickpeas are as tender as you prefer them.