- 100 grams basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 carrot
- 1 small spring onion
- 1 slice smoked tofu
- 6 cherry tomatos
- salt, olive oil
- Rinse the basmati rice, bring to a boil enough water to boil it (about five times the rice’s volume). Add the rice to the boiling water, add a tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of salt, stir, and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrot, cut it in half, and slice it in half moons. Clean the spring onion, cut it in quarters and then slice.
- When the rice is boiled, drain excess water, and put in a bowl. Add the carrot, the onion and the pomegranate seeds, and mix.
- Cut the tofu in 1cm cubes, heat a little oil in a pan, and stir fry until golden.
- Add tofu to rice, mix carefully. Season with some more olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Decorate with the cherry tomatoes. Serve.
This dish can be served warm, as above, or chilled (or at room temperature). Makes a great tupper meal! (This is tomorrow’s meal for me)