Yes, that is a hell of a big Naan, I was lazy and made just one. It was eaten fully during dinner anyway ;)
- 1 cup strong flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter (I used olive oil)
- 1 head of garlic (or more to taste – I used nearly two)
- Warm the milk until it’s about 40Â°C. Mix in the yeast and let rest until foamy and creamy.
- Peel and mince the garlic, put in a very small bowl and cover with the oil. Microwave for 20 seconds (this will give the oil a garlic taste).
- Mix the salt, sugar and yogurt into the milk
- Put the flour in a big bowl, add the milk mix and the oil with garlic. Mix until the dough is soft and not sticky (might have to add more flour). Knead for about five minutes.
- Grease a bowl with more oil, form a ball with the dough and turn around in the bowl to cover with the oil. Cover, place in a warm place, and let rise until at least double.
- Heat oven to 180Â°C. Divide dough in two, and shape each one into a very flat ovoidal shape and brush with a bit more oil or ghee. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Until slightly golden, but still soft. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Note: Ghee is clarified butter.