I wasn’t feeling like doing much prep work for dinner, so we got some chopped “wokmix” from the supermarket, a block of tofu, and with some rice, peanut sauce (jarred) and spicy peppers, it turned out to be dinner.
- 1 400 gr bag of wokmix vegetables (here: thai veggies from Delhaize)
- 1-2 tbsp spicy pepper, chopped
- 1 250 gr block of tofu with herbs (Alpro Soya), in 2 cm cubes (more or less)
- 60 gr Delhaize Satay sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120 gr brown rice
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil (~1,5l). Add the rice, bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and let simmer for 25 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat up a non-stick pan. Check the temperature of the pan with a piece of tofu, it should sizzle the moment it touches the pan. Add all thet ofu pieces, and cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. At this point the tofu will no longer be stuck to the pan and will already be golden. Turn to the next side of the blocks and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all sides have a nice golden color.
- In a wok / saute pan heat up the oil. Add the vegetables & spicy pepper and cook to desired doneness. Add the satay sauce and some water to thin it down so it covers all the vegetables.
- Add the tofu to the vegetables and give it a quick stir before serving over the rice.
Makes 2 servings
Protein: 22 gr
Fat: 17 gr
Carbs: 58 gr